Thursday, February 1, 2018

8 Skincare Products I May Buy Again

When you've had to deal with hormonal adult acne for your 20s, you inevitably accumulate a lot of skincare products. Being mindful of my dry-combination skin, I've finally used up the following products with varying degrees of success. Below are a few of my quick impressions and whether I'd re-purchase a product:

Skincare Empties: CeraVe, Aveeno, Michael Todd, Origin's, Lush, Dr. G, Juice Beauty

  1. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser - For Normal to Dry Skin
    It feels like lotion and kind of acts like lotion. It's gentle, but it never really felt like it got the grit off my fact. Probably wouldn't re-purchase.
  2. Aveeno Positively Radiant - Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
    Gentle cleanser that actually felt it was taking off the residual makeup left over from my first cleanse. The beads are a gentle exfoliation, much less harsh than the St. Ive's Cleanser, and the formula left my skin feeling soft and mildly moisturized. Would definitely repurchase.
  3. Origin's GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream.
    I was very "meh" about this product. It's a sample size of a formula that I didn't particularly like or dislike. Didn't really improve the shadows under my eyes, and only kind of helped with the puffiness. Would not buy.
  4. Lush Dark Angels Charcoal Scrub
    I bought this when I had moderate-severe acne. It helped at first and then exacerbated my acne. I never used the whole thing and am getting rid of it despite it being half full due to expiry of the product. It did make my skin feel super soft as exfoliants tend to do. Would probably not re-purchase because it kept staining my tub and sink so I had to clean more often than I would like.
  5. Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner
    I actually really like this product and I think it helped my acne problems. Two big draw packs: 1) I really dislike this smell, and 2) the product stings my face. This is my second bottle and I do think it's a good product, but I'm the lookout for something that doesn't smell like this (lavender?) or sting.
  6. Pond's Cold Cream
    I swear by this to take off my makeup. It's second only to Lancome Bi-Ficil which is my one true makeup remover. Pond's is great because it's inexpensive and it works. It does feel like oil though (because they use mineral oil in the product) and is uncomfortable when it gets in your eye. This is my 3rd or 4th bottle and I'll probably continue to repurchase for the foreseeable future.
  7. Dr. G Bio-RTx Mentor Cream 3 - Oily Skin
    Didn't like. Probably not meant for my skintype. It's sold at Nordstrom but it's not something I would repurchase. I ended up using it for my neck.
  8. Juice Beauty Soothing Eye Cream
    Hated the way this smelled. Fairly average eye cream in that it kept the puffiness away, but once washed off, there wasn't a lasting effect so I had to be diligent about applying morning and at night.
And that's the 8. Hoping my next post won't take 5 years to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment