Sunday, May 12, 2013

Let's Talk Lipstick: BITE


Let’s talk lipstick. I was at Sephora purchasing my Jasmine compact mirror a while back and wandered around Sephora to see what was around. I was going around, swatching lipsticks as I usually do when I noticed an entire display of lipsticks and lip liners dedicated to some brand I’ve never heard of before: BITE


I swatched what was probably like 10 different colors and my heart kind of melted when I noticed a lot of them were named after wine varieties. But there was a $24 price tag and I was not there to pick up lipstick so I resisted and stepped away. Imagine my surprise upon finding a small sample size of the BITE lipstick for $12 at the cashier’s. I didn’t even have to debate before I added it to my bag.

The colors of the sample was Shiraz and Retsina.

Top: Shiraz
Bottom: Retsina

I love Shiraz. It’s a beautiful plum-pink-red color when you look at it, but definitely a “my lips but better” color when I put it on.  I can’t work Retsina at all; it’s an icy and dead pink on my lips that completely clashed with my skintone. It works better if layering with a bright red to create magenta.

Pros: Good selection of colors. Understandable ingredients list. Fun names that appeal to the wine junkie in me.

Cons: This scent makes me feel mildly ill. It bleeds all over the place

Overall: Would not buy again. I’m glad I paid for a sample version just to try but I’m really glad I didn’t spend $24 on it. It’s not worth the money. It’s barely worth what I paid for it. I loved the color selection and the names don’t make me cringe like NARS; but that’s about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment